These are, hands down, probably one of my favorite way of making wings. And bonus points because the wings are first made on the grill, you get delicious grilled wings finished in a tasty garlic parmesan sauce.
The recipe is actually super easy. Start with about 2 pounds of party wings. Toss them in a few tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Once seasoned, the wings hit the Big Green Egg grill at 375 degrees, indirect heat. It’s important to cook these indirect so they don’t burn from the flare ups. You can also make these on any other grill, or even in the oven.
Cook the wings for about an hour, flipping them halfway. The fat should be rendered out and the skin should be nice and crispy by now.
While the wings are cooking, we can prep the sauce. Start by melting 1 stick of butter and shredding in about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Use freshly shredded cheese, it’s much better than the stuff from the plastic bottle. Add 4-5 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp black pepper, a handful of chopped parsley and simmer this over low heat, stirring, until the cheese is fully melted.
Pull the wings from the grill and toss them in the sauce. Plate them up and top with more fresh parmesan and parsley.
Check out the full video below from my Instagram page. Super easy and delicious.
View this post on Instagram
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 bunch Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Toss the wings in olive oil and season with the salt, pepper, and granulated garlic
- Cook on the grill at 375 degrees, indirect heat for 45 minutes, flipping halfway
- While the wings are cooking, combine the butter, garlic, parmesan and a handful of parsley in a small saucepan
- Simmer over low heat, constantly stirring until the cheese is fully melted
- Toss the wings in the sauce, plate and cover with a bit more fresh parm and parsley
Be sure to check out the Recipes page for more tasty recipes.