This year, make the perfect holiday pork roast with this simple recipe. The meat will be extremely tender and juicy while the homemade spicy bourbon sauce gives this dish a kick of savory flavors that people will be talking about all year!
Prepare the pork roast
In order to have a beautiful presentation, you will need to clean up the pork roast. Cut off any silver skin still remaining on the meat along with any fat. With a bone knife, french the bones cutting out some of the meat between the bones as well as on the bone itself.
Next tie the pork roast between each rib to ensure and even cook throughout as well as to hold the meat together while on the grill.
For the binder I used Truff oil, but any olive oil will do. The reason for the Truff is the additional truffle flavor. It’s the holiday’s so why not!
Season with your choice of all purpose seasoning. Be generous with the seasoning patting it in along the way. Set aside and allow the pork to sweat and absorb all the flavors.
How to make homemade spicy bourbon sauce
This homemade bourbon sauce is the star of this dish. It’s what brings it all together. The bourbon brings the holiday savoriness to the dish while the heat brings another layer of surprise making this the ultimate holiday recipe. Keep in mind, this will get spicy so depending on your heat tolerance, add smaller amounts of the hot sauce.
In a saucepan, add Truff Hot Sauce, honey, bourbon, stone ground mustard, yellow mustard, soy sauce and some all purpose seasoning. Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens. Set aside while you prep the grill.
How to grill the perfect holiday pork roast.
Preheat the grill for 350 degrees and set for dual zone cooking.
First, place the seasoned pork roast on the direct side and sear both sides approximately 2 minutes per each. Next transfer the protein to the indirect side and let if cook slowly for 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 120 degrees.
Brush the pork with the homemade spicy bourbon sauce. Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees and the sauce caramelizes. This is the perfect temperature to ensure a very tender and juicy roast.
Let this perfect holiday pork roast rest for 10 minutes allowing the juices to lock in and redistribute throughout the pork.
Printer Friendly Recipe
The Perfect Holiday Pork Roast
- 1 Pork Roast
- 1 tbsp Truff oil (or any olive oil)
- 3 tbsp All purpose seasoning
Spicy Bourbon Sauce Ingredients
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 tbsp Truff hot sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp All purpose seasoning
- Clean up the pork roast cutting off any silver skin and fat.
- French the bones cutting out some of the meat between the bones as well as on the bone itself.
- Tie the pork roast between each rib to ensure an even cook.
- Seasoning with olive oil for the binder and season with all purpose rub.
- Preheat the grill for 350 degrees and set for dual zone cooking.
- Place the seasoned pork roast on the direct side and sear both sides approximately 2 minutes each.
- Transfer the protein to the indirect side and let if cook slowly for 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 120 degrees.
- Brush the homemade spicy bourbon sauce all over the holiday roast. Continue to cook until 140 degrees internal.
- Remove off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!