This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Everything is better with bacon, especially this very simple bacon wrapped chicken skewers recipe. Little bite size chicken nuggets wrapped in bacon and brushed in a delicious BBQ sauce make for an amazing party snack. With only 3 ingredients, win everyone over with this simple dish.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Prep and Skewer.
For this recipe I went with chicken thighs but chicken breast will also work. I usually prefer using thighs because they are naturally fattier and have more flavor, but the breast is a leaner cut and will stay tender from the bacon.
Cut up the chicken into bite side cubes and season with Dad’s All Purpose Rub. Next, slice up bacon strips into 3 equal pieces. Wrap the small strip of bacon around each chicken nugget and skewer a row.
Steak Grilling Tip
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before skewering them. This will allow the sticks to absorb enough water to help withstand the direct heat from the grill.
Must have grillin seasonings!
Step 2: Time to grill the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers.
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees and set it for indirect heat. Place the loaded skewers on the grates and grill for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 175 degrees. Now I know you are thinking, that’s way over cooked for chicken. But because the thighs are darker and fattier meat, the temperature can be higher without the risk of overcooking.
Halfway through the cook, brush the skewers with BBQ sauce and allow it to caramelize over the top creating a delicious sweet and savory finish.
Let the bacon wrapped chicken skewers rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, any chicken thigh recipe can be replaced with the breast. The breast is leaner than the thighs, therefore remove the meat at 160 degrees and let it rest. This will ensure a tender and juicy chicken breast.
All my recipes can be replicated in the oven, stove top or gas grill. You do not need a big green egg or weber grill to replicate any of my recipes.
Printer friendly recipe below:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- 1 lbs Chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Dad's All Purpose Rub
- 1/2 pkg Bacon
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Cut up the chicken into bite side cubes and season with Dad's All Purpose Rub.
- Next, slice up bacon strips into 3 equal pieces. Wrap the small strip of bacon around each chicken nugget and skewer a row.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees and set it for indirect heat. Place the loaded skewers on the grates and grill for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 175 degrees.
- Rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!