I have always enjoyed Lobster rolls but never made one myself. After doing some recipe research, I’ve learned there seems to be a lot of debate on what is the best lobster roll. Some argue butter only, while others prefer the mayo version. I’m sure both are amazing, but decided to toss mine in a lemon mayo mixture that made this simple dish amazing! With just a few simple ingredients, anyone can enjoy this recipe.
How to perfectly cook lobster meat.
Lobster meat is very delicate. It is very easy to over cook this expensive protein.
Start by removing the lobster meat off the tail. If you purchased a whole lobster, you can also use meat from the claws and knuckles. Cut it up into small bite size pieces, season with cajun seasoning and throw them into a hot pan. Toss them in the melted butter for 5 minutes until the lobster cubes reach an internal temperature of 135 degrees.
How to make the perfect Lobster Roll.
For this recipe, I went with the mayonnaise version for my lobster roll. To start, finely chop some dill, celery and chives. In a bowl, add in mayo, lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, pickle juice, cajun or lemon seasoning and the chopped herbs. Mix it all together and add in the cooked lobster meat. Give it one more mix covering the deliciously tender and flavor lobster.
For the final steps, split a brioche bun on the top and toast it on the pan with some butter. Fill it generously with the lobster mixture, top it off with chopped chives and enjoy!
Printer friendly recipe and video below:
- 4 Lobster Tails
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Dill
- 1 tbsp Celery
- 1 tbsp Chives
- 1 tbsp Pickle juice
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Start by removing the lobster meat off the tail. Cut it up into small bite size pieces, season with cajun seasoning.
- Melt butter on the pan and throw the cubes lobster into the butter bath. Cook for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 135 degrees.
- For the mixture, start by finely chopping some dill, celery and chives.
- In a bowl, add in the mayo, lemon zest and freshly squeezed juice, pickle juice, cajun or lemon seasoning and the chopped herbs. Mix it all together and add in the cooked lobster meat.
- Split a brioche bun on the top, toast it on the pan with some butter.
- Fill it generously with the lobster mixture, top off with some chopped chives
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!