Garlic bread is a must have in my house. While store bought frozen options are pretty good, nothing beats the homemade version. It’s fresh, garlicky, cheesy and crunchy. It’s the perfect side dish to any meal. Of course, I made it on the grill, but the oven will work just as well.
Start with making garlic butter.
The key ingredient to a garlic bread is the garlic butter. If you’ve been following me, you know of the garlic confit I made. This will be a crucial ingredient for the butter.
To get started, place a block of room temperature unsalted butter in a mixing bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the garlic gloves and some oil from the confit. Add crushed peppers, Italian seasoning and some freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Mix the ingredients together and set in the fridge for a few minutes to harden.
Keep the garlic bread ingredients simple
The great part about this recipe is the customization. You can change up the bread type or cheese flavors and amounts depending on your preference.
To assemble your garlic bread, start with a baguette as your bread base and slice it across. The reason I chose a french baguette is because of it’s size and thinness.
Spread a generous layer of the homemade garlic butter and cover with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
Time to grill the garlic bread
For this cook, I used my pizza oven, but a regular grill or oven will work just as well. Heat it up 400 degrees. Cook the bread for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and get brown spots around.
Before serving, sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy this deliciously garlicky, crunchy homemade garlic bread.
Printer Friendly Recipe
- 1 French baguette
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup Grated parmesan
- 1 block Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Garlic cloves from the homemade confit
- 1/2 tbsp Crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Shredded parmesan
Garlic Butter Instructions
- Place a block of room temperature unsalted butter in a mixing bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the garlic gloves and some oil from the confit. Add crushed peppers, Italian seasoning and some freshly shredded parmesan cheese and mix it all together.
- Place the soft butter mixture into the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden.
Assemble and Cook Garlic Bread
- Slice the baguette across in half and spread a generous layer of the homemade garlic butter on both slices.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
- Heat up the grill or oven to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and get small brown spots throughout.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!