Peanut butter jelly time! I just made an adult version of a PB&J and it was out of this world. This PB&J BBQ meatballs recipe delivers on those childhood memories with the sweetness of the jelly and savoriness from the peanut butter. The twist to this recipe is the addition of meatballs and the use of Skrewball Whiskey instead of actual peanut butter spread. Great recipe for you next tailgating party.
How to make PB&J BBQ sauce
This recipe is very simple! A few ingredients for the sauce, frozen meatballs and you are set! You can always make your own meatballs, but if you are in a pinch for time or looking for an easy way out, frozen meatballs will do the trick!
In an aluminum pan, add BBQ sauce, Skrewball Whiskey, grape jelly and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk it together, add in the frozen meatballs and mix them in the sauce.
Side note: the alcohol content from the whiskey will cook off making it safe for children to consumer. If you do not feel comfortable using alcohol, regular peanut butter spread will work just as well.
Slow cook the meatballs on the grill.
Heat up the grill to 325 degrees and place the pan on the grill for 1 to 1.5 hours. Once the sauce thickens, sprinkle some crushed peanuts your PB&J BBQ meatballs are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Printer friendly recipe below:
PB&J BBQ Meatballs
- 28 oz Frozen pre-packaged meatballs
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Skrewball Whiskey
- 1/2 cup Grape jelly
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In an aluminum pan, add BBQ sauce, Skrewball Whiskey, grape jelly andWorcestershire sauce. Whisk it together.
- Add in the frozen meatballs and mix them in the sauce.
- Heat up the grill to 325 degrees on indirect heat.
- Grill the meatballs for 1 to 1.5 hours. Remove off the grill once the sauce thickens.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!