Steak is my favorite grilled protein. The simpler the ingredients, the better it tastes. For this recipe, I made a grilled bone-in ribeye with a side of fresh greens that are super easy and quick to make. The meat was perfectly cooked, tender and full of amazing beefy flavor while the veggies added a nice crunch to a perfect dinner plate.
How to grill the perfect bone-in ribeye
Start off with heating up the grill to 450 degrees. You want the grill to be at a high temperature to get the perfect cook and sear on your steak.
While the grill is heating up, it’s time to prep the steak. For this recipe, I tied the outside of the steak with butcher twine. This helps keep is shape while on the grill.
Next, I coated the meat with olive oil for the binder and kept the seasoning simple with Montreal Steak Seasoning which consists of pepper, paprika and garlic. Pat the rub on both side of the steak and place it on the grill on direct heat.
Flip the steak every minute for about 5 minutes total or until it reaches 135 degrees internal temperature. Set it aside for 10 minutes to rest.
It’s very important to rest any protein after a cook. This process helps the meat to cook to its required temperature and redistributes all those wonderful juices that will create a beautifully tender slice of meat.
Fast and easy grilled veggies
Steak goes so well with a side of crunchy veggies. I kept it very simple for this recipe.
Chop up a batch of asparagus into 3 sections and the zucchini in 1 inch half moons. Toss them in olive oil and kosher salt and place them on the grill while the steak is resting. Total cook time is 5 minutes. You do not want to go longer as you risk overcooking the veggies and getting mushy zucchini.
For the final plating, cover a serving dish with the freshly grilled vegetables, slice your perfectly grilled bone-in ribeye, sprinkle some kosher salt for a fresh punch of flavor and enjoy a delicious and easy weekday dinner.
Watch my video on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
Printer Friendly Recipe:
Grilled Bone-in Ribeye
- Bone-in Ribeye
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsbp Steak steak seasoning
- 1 Batch of asparagus
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat up the grill to 450 degrees.
- Wrapped the outside of the steak with butcher twine.
- Coat the steak with olive oil for season with your choice of steak seasoning.
- Pat the rub on both side of the steak and place it on the grill direct heat.
- Flip the steak every minute for about 5 minutes total or until it reaches 135 degrees internal temperature.
- Set it aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Chop up a batch of asparagus into 3 sections and the zucchini is 1 inch half m
- Toss them in olive oil and kosher salt and place them on the grill.
- Grill the veggies for 5 minutes and remove from the grill.
- When plating, slice the steak off the bone and then slide into single serve strips of meat. Sprinkle some kosher salt on top of the meat and serve.
Be sure to visit the Recipes page for other tasty ideas.