Anyone up for some classic pork belly burnt ends? These smokey, fatty, sweet pieces of pork are the great appetizer for your summer BBQ party. Seasoned with a great BBQ rub and brushed with your favorite BBQ sauce, these little nuggets are a perfect treat that just melt in your mouth! Best of all, you only need 3 ingredients!
Prep the pork belly bites
Cut up skinless piece of pork belly into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes. Season with your choice o BBQ rub, I used Meat Church Holy Gospel which is my go to pork spice.
Make sure the pork belly cubes are coated on all sides and put them on the grill at 275 degrees, indirect heat.
Tip: Spritz them every 30-45 minutes with apple cider vinegar. This helps keep the meat moist throughout the grilling process.
Sauce up the classic pork belly burnt ends
After 3 hours on the grill, put the pork belly cubes in a foil pan, cover with your choice of BBQ sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays which is my go to when I do not make my own sauce. Place the pan on the grill and cook an additional 45 minutes or so. Be sure to rest them 15-20 minutes because they will be HOT!
And they turned out delicious! Sweet, smokey, super tender, like little pillows of porky goodness. These classic pork belly burnt ends are a crowd favorite around my house. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Printer Friendly Recipe:
Classic Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- 2 lbs Pork Belly
- 3 tbsp BBQ Spice - Meat Church Holy Gospel
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce - Sweet Baby Rays
- Cut up skinless piece of pork belly into 1 x 1 inch cubes.
- Season the cubes generously with your choice of BBQ rub.
- Preheat the grill to 275 degrees, indirect heat.
- Grill the pork belly cubes for 3 hours. Spritz them every 30-45 minutes with apple cider vinegar.
- Place the pork in a pan and cover with your choice of BBQ sauce.
- Put back on the grill and cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- Be sure to rest them 15-20 minutes because they will be HOT
Be sure to visit the Recipes page for other tasty ideas.