This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You all know by now, that I’m a huge fan of beef! And a tri tip is at the top of that list! This weekend I tried a new recipe in which instead of making my usual chimichurri sauce, I grilled my tri tip with homemade pico de gallo. It’s a great summer grilling recipe that is fast and easy to make. Let me show you how!
To start off, season the tri tip on all sides with sea salt and ground peppercorns. Next, heat up the grill to 250 degrees indirect heat and grill the meat until 115 degrees internal temperature.
Once the tri tip reaches it’s temp, sear the meat on direct high heat. 2 minutes per side max!
Remove off the grill and set aside for it to rest. It’s that easy!
Homemade Pico de Gallo
While the tri tip is resting, this is the perfect time to get started on the pico de gallo.
Dice up your vegetables which include Roma tomatoes without the seeds, a white onion and jalapenos. Chop up a batch of cilantro and add some freshly squeezed lime juice, season with salt and mix together. Yum!
Assembling the final dish
Once the pico is diced and blended and the steak has rested it is time to cut and serve!
Slice the tri tip across the grain to create a more tender bite. Cover the sliced tri tip with homemade pico de gallo and enjoy!
Full video is below:
View this post on Instagram
Printer friendly recipe:
Trip Tip with homemade Pico de Gallo
Tri Tip ingredients
- 2 lb Tri Tip
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Peppercorns
Pico de Gallo ingredients
- 4 Roma Tomatos
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Cilantro batch
- 2 Jalapeños
- 3 Limes
- 1 tbsp Salt
Tri Tip grilling instructions
- Season tri tip on all sides with sea salt and ground peppercorns.
- Heat up the grill to 250 degrees indirect heat
- Grill the meat until 115 degrees internal temperature
- Next sear the meat on direct high heat. 2minutes per side max!
- Set aside for it to rest.
Pico de Gallo instructions
- Dice up your vegetables which include Roma tomatoes without the seeds, a white onion and jalapeños
- Chop up a batch of cilantro
- Squeeze out lime juice
- Add salt and mix together
Be sure to check out the Recipes page for other tasty creations.