This homemade Chopped Cheese Crunchwrap is so easy, you will never go back to your favorite fast food restaurant! The meaty cheesy goodness makes for a tasty treat you will want as a snack, lunch, dinner or all three!
Start off by sautéing onions and peppers on the griddle. If you do not have a griddle, any flat top or stove top will work. On a new clean surface, let’s add the beef! Season with your favorite beef rub and let it sauté for 3-5 minutes. As it browns, flip the beef and crumble it as it cooks. Takes about 10 minutes for the beef to fully cook, and it’s time for some cheesy goodness! Add 4-5 slices of American cheese on top of your beef and mix it in as it melts.
Sauce time! Mix ketchup, mayo and your favorite hot sauce (I used Truff Hot Sauce)
Time to assemble! First, warm up your burrito tortilla. Tip: Use Flour Sonoran Style tortilla’s if you can get you hands on some!
Layer on shredded cheddar cheese followed with your cheesy ground beef, sautéed onions and peppers, shredded lettuce, homemade spicy sauce, sliced tomatoes and a little more shredded cheese to top it off. Next, cover it all with a crunchy tostada and wrap it all up with the edges of the burrito tortilla.
Take your fully assembled Chopped Cheese Crunchwrap back on the griddle with the seam down for it to seal. After 1-2 minutes, flip it over for the final crunch on the top.
Finally, remove it off the griddle, slice it open and enjoy!
Check out the recipe video below!
View this post on Instagram
Printer friendly recipe below:
Chopped Cheese Crunchwrap
Crunchwrap Filling Ingredients
- 1 lb Ground Chuck Beef
- 1 tbsp Beef Seasoning
- 1 Sliced Red Onion
- 2 Sliced Bell Peppers
- 5 slices American Cheese
- 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 sliced Tomato
- 4 Burrito Tortilla's (I used Sonoran Style Flour Tortilla's)
- 4 Tostada Shell
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Mayonaise
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce (I used Truff Hot Sauce)
- Sauté the sliced onions and peppers on the griddle. Remove onto a side dish for later use
- Place the entire block of beef on the griddle. Season the top with your favorite beef rub and let if sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, flip over and crumble the beef as it cooks for another 5-7 minutes
- Add the American Cheese slices on top of the beef and mix it together as it melts
- In a bowl, mix ketchup, mayo and hot sauce together
- Warm up burrito tortilla on the griddle then remove off hot surface
- Layer 1 tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese
- Add in 1/4 of the cheesy beef
- Add in the veggies: sautéed onions and peppers, shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes
- Add in 1 tbsp of the homemade hot sauce for the kick and top it off with another tbsp of shredded cheese
- Cover with the crunchy tostada and wrap it up with the edges of the burrito tortilla
- Place back on the griddle with the seam down for a nice seal
- After 1-2 minutes, flip it over for the final crunch on the top.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!