If you are looking for an easy and refreshing summer recipe than these wings in a red chimichurri sauce are the answer. The wings are perfectly grilled to a crispy skin and tender meat. The red chimichurri is the perfect compliment to the protein. The freshness from the greens and lemon along with the sweetness of the roasted red bell peppers create a perfect balance. The best part, it’s not heavy and overpowering, allowing you to taste and enjoy the grilled flavors of the chicken.
Simple prep work.
I always go with fresh detached chicken wing pieces which helps with time management. To start, coat the raw wing pieces in olive oil and season them with Dad’s All Purpose rub. With a nice mild BBQ flavor and few black pepper flakes, it’s the perfect poultry seasoning. Make sure to get an even coat throughout.
How to grill the perfect wings.
Heat up the grill to 375 degrees and set it for indirect heat. Place the seasoned wings directly on the grates and let them cook for 45-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Flip the wings half way through to ensure an even cook throughout.
How to make homemade red chimichurri sauce.
Start off with finely chopping an entire batch of parsley and cilantro. I have seen this done with parsley only, with cilantro only or both. In my personal opinion, an equal mix of both makes it just right.
Next add a tablespoon of minced garlic, chopped up roasted red bell peppers, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, red wine vinegar, olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix these ingredients together with a spoon, not a food processor and you are done! Yes, it’s that simple.
Toss the grilled wings in the red chimichurri sauce, serve and enjoy!
Printer friendly recipe below:
Wings in Red Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 lbs Detached chicken wings
- 3 tbsp Dad's all purpose rub
- 2 tsp Olive oil
Red Chimichurri Ingredients
- 1 Batch of parsley
- 1 Batch of cilantro
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Coat the raw chicken wing pieces in olive oil and season them with Dad's All Purpose rub.
- Heat up the grill to 375 degrees and set it for indirect heat.
- Place the seasoned wings directly on the grates and let them cook for 45-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches180 degrees. Flip the wings half way through to ensure an even cook throughout.
- Remove off the grill and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Finely chopping an entire batch of parsley, cilantro and roasted red peppers. Add minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Mix these ingredients together with a spoon, not food processor.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and service.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!