This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pork shoulder bites are a great alternative to classic burnt ends. They are more meaty, just as flavorful with no chewy fatty ends. Seasoned with a great BBQ rub and brushed with your favorite BBQ sauce, these little nuggets are a perfect treat that just melt in your mouth!
Prep the pork shoulder bites
Cut up the pork shoulder into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes. Season with your choice of BBQ rub, I used Hardcore Carnivore Red which is my go to pork BBQ rub.
Make sure the pork shoulder cubes are coated on all sides and put them directly on the grill grates at 275 degrees, indirect heat.
Sauce up the pork shoulder nuggets
After 3 hours on the grill, put the pork bites in a foil pan, add cubed butter, brown sugar and cover with your choice of BBQ sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays which is my go to when I do not make my own sauce. Place the pan on the grill and cook an additional 45 minutes or so. Be sure to rest them 15-20 minutes because they will be HOT!
And they turned out delicious! Sweet, smokey, super tender, like little nuggets of porky meaty goodness. These pork shoulder bites are a crowd favorite around my house. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Printer Friendly Recipe:
Be sure to visit the Recipes page for other tasty ideas.
Pork Shoulder Bites
- 6 lbs Pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup BBQ rub
- 1/2 stick Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Cut up the pork shoulder into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes
- Season with your choice of BBQ rub.
- Place the bites directly on the grill grates at 275degrees, indirect heat.
- After 3 hours on the grill, put the pork bites in a foil pan.
- Add cubed butter, brown sugar and cover with your choice of BBQ sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil and place back on the grill for an additional 45 minutes until the bites are caramelized.