This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I had the amazing opportunity to create a recipe for McCormick using their Grill Mates spices and boy did I have fun with this! Final result ended up being a Sweet and Smoky Pork Tenderloin. This recipe is a great way to spice up a boring pork tenderloin with just few simple ingredients. The final flavors deliver hints of sweetness and smokiness for the whole family will enjoy. Let me show you how.
How to create the marinade.
The magic to this recipe is the flavorful marinade. To get started, in a bowl, mix together McCormick Grill Mates Sweet and Smoky rub, lemon juice, garlic, oil, mustard and honey. The lemon will help to balance the sweet notes from the spice rub and honey.
Next, place the pork tenderloin in a large ziplock bag and pour 1/2 of the marinade all over the protein. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate into the pork.
How to grill the pork tenderloin.
First, preheat the grill to 450 degrees. Next, place the marinated pork tenderloin on the grill for direct heat cooking.
Turn the tenderloin every few minutes to a new side to ensure that all sides are cooked evenly glazing the meat with the marinade that was set aside earlier. This process will continue to help build the flavor of the ingredients and create an amazing caramelized crust.
Total cook time will be around 15 – 20 minutes depending on the size of the protein.
At 145 degrees internal temperature, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes. This process helps the meat to cook to its required temperature and redistributes all those wonderful juices that will create a beautifully tender slice of meat.
Slice the tenderloin into smaller single serve medallions, sprinkle some parsley on top and enjoy the perfectly grilled sweet and smoky pork tenderloin.
Printer friendly recipe below:
Sweet and Smoky Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lbs 2 Pork Tenderloins each
- 2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 2 tsp French's Chardonnay Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Create the marinade by combining the Sweet and Smoky rub, lemon, garlic, oil, mustard and honey.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade on the seasoned pork and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the marinated pork tenderloin onto the grill direct heat at 450 degrees.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until internal temp reached 145 degrees. During the cooking process, turn the tenderloin every couple of minutes onto a new side. While doing so, continue to glaze with the remaining marinade.
- Remove off the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut, Serve and Enjoy!
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!