One of the greatest fingers foods, in my opinion, are wings. These whole grilled hot wings are a simple dish with mouthwatering flavors and crispy skin that could be served as an appetizer or smaller meal. Best part of all, you just need 4 ingredients! These are, hands down, probably one of my favorite ways of making wings.
Season, Grill & Sauce
Start with about 2 pounds of whole 3 piece chicken wings. Toss them in a few tablespoons of olive oil then season with your favorite BBQ rub. For mine I used Meat Church Holy Gospel. This blend is great on chicken, ribs and beef!
Once seasoned, the wings hit the Big Green Egg grill at 375 degrees direct heat over charcoal but elevated using the expander system so the grate sits higher. You can also make these on any other grill, or even in the oven.
Grill for 10 minutes, then flip sides. Repeat this for about an hour. As the fat renders it drips onto the charcoal, creating that great smelling aroma.
At the end before the wings hit 165 internal temperature, sauce them with your favorite hot sauce. I used Frank’s Hot Sauce for that nice dependable kick you get with each bite. Let the sauce caramelize before removing from the grill.
Finally, top off your grilled hot wings with some parsley and serve with ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce.
Check out the full video below from my Instagram page. Super easy and delicious.
View this post on Instagram
Printer friendly recipe below:
Grilled Hot Wings
- 2 lbs Whole 3 piece chicken wings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp BBQ Rub
- 3 tbsp Hot Sauce
- Toss the 3 piece chicken wings in olive oil to create a binder for the seasoning.
- Season the wings with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Heat up the Big Green Egg grill to 375 degrees direct heat over charcoal. Elevate them by using the expander system so the grate sits higher.
- Grill for 10 minutes, then flip sides. Repeat this for about an hour.
- Before the wings hit 165 internal. temperature, sauce them with your favorite hot sauce.
- Let the sauce caramelize before removing from the grill.
Be sure to check out the Recipes page for more tasty recipes.