Love turkey, but don’t want to wait until November to enjoy? Let’s get the grill going with some Hawaiian Style Grilled Turkey Thighs. For this recipe, I’m using Honeysuckle White Turkey Thighs. These are raised by independent family farmers with care, and never with any growth-promoting antibiotics or added hormones*. Packed with 19g of protein per serving, these turkey thighs are versatile and delicious!
Marinade is super easy to make. Just combine: 1/2 cup Soy Sauce, 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice, 1/2 cup Ketchup, 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic and 1 tbsp. Minced Ginger. Let the turkey marinate for at least an hour.
Tip: plan ahead and marinate overnight for that optimal flavor.
When ready, throw the Honeysuckle White turkey thighs on the grill direct heat side first. Cook each side for a few minutes then move them to the indirect side to finish cooking.
Baste them with the reserved marinade every 5 minutes or so. I like to take them to 175°F internal temp before removing from the grill. Let them rest for 10 minutes. For the final steps, garnish those Hawaiian Style Grilled Turkey Thighs with some parsley and grilled pineapple slices and enjoy!
*Disclaimer: Turkeys raised with no added hormones or steroids. Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones and steroids in poultry. Antibiotics responsibly used only when needed for treatment or prevention of illness.
Hawaiian Style Grilled Turkey Thighs
- 1 pkg Honeysuckle White® Turkey Thighs
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Grilled pineapple slices, for garnish
- To make the marinade, combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup, minced garlic and minced ginger in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the Honeysuckle White® Turkey Thighs, reserving about 1/3 of marinade for basting later.
- Let the turkey thighs marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, or leave in the refrigerator overnight to maximize flavor.
- When ready, fire up the grill and set it up for dual-zone grilling, leaving one side hot and 1 side cooler. Set the temperature to medium, around 350°F.
- Start the turkey on the direct heat side of the grill, turning them every 2-3 minutes, until both sides are nicely browned and charred up.
- Move the turkey to the indirect side to finish cooking, and baste them with the reserved marinade every 5-10 minutes to build up that delicious flavor.
- Pull the turkey from the grill when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and let it rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and grilled pineapple slices. Serve!
Check out the recipe video below!
View this post on Instagram
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!