This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking to elevate your chicken drumstick game, then look no further then this quick and easy recipe for grilled peach and whiskey chicken lollipops. Oh and did I mention they are a crowd please for any party or dinner setting? The secret ingredient is the homemade sauce. The sweet, savory and spicy notes from the sauce make for the perfect chicken coating.
Table of Contents
Step 1: How to shape chicken lollipops.
For this recipe, I used fresh pre-cut chicken drumsticks. To get the lollipop effect, trim the access chicken skin and meat along the leg of the drumstick.
Next, season the chicken with Dad’s All Purpose rub. Hold the chicken lollipops by the joint and thoroughly season around the meat for that extra flavor.
Fire up the grill and set it up for direct grilling. I like the temp to be 375 degrees. Place the seasoned chicken lollipops directly on the grate or on a chicken leg rack and grill for 30 minutes.
- Using a trimming knife, start at the bottom of the meaty part, slice around the bone and pull the skin down towards the joint. Trim off any access pieces left on the bone.
Must have grillin seasonings!
Step 2: How to make the best peach and whiskey sauce.
The star of this recipe, is the peach and whiskey glaze. If there is one sauce you should make from my recipes, it’s definitely this one! I’m going to make this as a wing sauce too.
In a sauce pan add peach preserve, whiskey of choice, sriracha and a little more Dad’s All Purpose rub . Mix the ingredients together. The alcohol content will cook off making it safe to be consumed by children. All that’s left are the sweet, spicy and smokey notes.
Bring the sauce to a boil and then simmer over low heat. Whisk occasionally until the mixture thickens.
Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally, dunk the chicken lollipops into the sauce. Continue grilling until the sauce starts to caramelize, approximately 2-3 more minutes.
Remove the peach and whiskey chicken lollipops from the grill, add your favorite side and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
All my recipes can be replicated in the oven, stove top or gas grill. You do not need a big green egg or weber grill to replicate any of my recipes.
The best way to avoid dry meat or know if any protein is ready is to check the internal temperature. Chicken drumsticks are no different. Remove the chicken at 165 internal degrees for the perfect tender and juicy meat and avoid a dried out bird.
Printer friendly recipe below:
Peach and Whiskey Chicken Lollipops
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp Dad's all purpose seasoning
Peach and Whiskey Sauce ingredients
- 13 oz Peach preserve
- 1 cup Whiskey
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Dad's all purpose seasoning
- Trim the chicken drumsticks to form a lollipop effect. Do so by cutting along the bottom of the meaty part and pulling the skin down towards the joint. Remove any access meat from the bone area.
- Season trimmed chicken lollipops with Dad's all purpose seasoning.
- Once the grill is heated up to 375 degrees, place the seasoned chicken lollipops directly on the grate and cook for 30 – 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan add peach preserve, whiskey, sriracha and Dad's all purpose seasoning. Mix ingredients together.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer over low heat, whisking occasionally until the mixture thickens.
- Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally, dunk the chicken lollipops into the sauce. Continue grilling until the sauce starts to caramelize, approximately 2-3 more minutes.
Check out the Recipes for other tasty ideas!