This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking to elevate your chicken drumstick game, then look no further then this quick and easy recipe for spicy grilled chicken lollipops. Everyone will enjoy these saucy, flavorful and delicious lollipops with a kick! Oh and did I mention they are a crowd please for any party or dinner setting and so easy to make? The secret ingredient is the NEW Zesty rub from Meadow Creek BBQ Supply . The Zesty rub and Spicy sauce make one delicious combination!
For this recipe we’ll be using fresh pre-cut chicken drumsticks. To get the lollipop effect, trim the access chicken skin and meat along the leg of the drumstick.
Tip: Using a trimming knife, start at the bottom of the meaty part, slice around and then pull the skin down towards the joint. Trim off any access pieces left on the bone.
Next, season the chicken with the Zesty rub. Hold the chicken lollipops by the joint and thoroughly season all around the meat for that extra flavor.
Fire up the grill and set it up for direct grilling. I like the temp to be 375 degrees. Place the seasoned chicken lollipops directly on the grate. Grill for 30 minutes. Once the chicken reaches 160 degrees internally, take the Spicy bbq sauce and brush it all around the chicken. Continue grilling until the sauce starts to caramelize, approximately 2-3 more minutes.
Remove the spicy grilled chicken lollipops from the grill, add your favorite side and enjoy! Check out the Recipes for other tasty ideas!
Spicy Grilled Chicken Lollipops
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Zesty BBQ seasoning
- 1/4 cup Spicy BBQ sauce
- Start your grill and set for indirect heat
- While the grill is heating up, trim the chicken drumsticks to form a lollipop effect. Do so by cutting along the bottom of the meaty part and pulling the skin down towards the joint. Remove any access meat from the bone area.
- Season trimmed chicken lollipops with Meadow Creek Zesty BBQ spice
- Once the grill is heated up to 375 degrees, place the seasoned chicken lollipops directly on the grate and cook for 30 minutes or until 160 degrees internal temperature.
- Brush the Meadow Creek Spicy BBQ sauce on the chicken and continue grilling for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- Remove off the grill and enjoy!