Sometimes a simple beefy snack is all I want. These grilled beef ribs are the perfect solution for a quick bite or party finger food. Best of all it’s super fast and easy to make. With just a little bit of seasoning, these thinly sliced flanken style short ribs are packed with delicious BBQ and charcoal flavors, rendered fat and tender meat.
Time to grill up those beef ribs!
There are so many ways to prepare Flanken style short ribs. Because they are thinly sliced, marinades work great on the cut of meat. I have a great Korean style recipe if you are looking for a marinade. But this time around, I just wanted a delicious snack and did not have time to spare.
To get started, coat each strip with a little drizzle of olive oil for the binder and then season with your choice of an all purpose or BBQ rub. For this recipe I went with Meat Churches Holy Gospel which goes well on all protein.
Heat up the grill to 400 degrees and set it for direct heat. Place the seasoned ribs directly on the grates for 2 minutes per side. Once the cook is done, take the ribs off the grill and set aside for 15 minutes while the meat rests.
Before serving, cut the grilled beef ribs into smaller single serve pieces making sure to leave the bone with each piece. Top off with some chopped green onion and enjoy!
Printer friendly recipe below:
Grilled Beef Ribs
- 4 lbs Flanken style beef ribs
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- Drizzle olive oil over the ribs and season with your choice of BBQ seasoning.
- Heat up the grill to 400 degrees for direct heat.
- Grill the seasoned ribs 2 minutes per side.
- When done, remove from the grill and let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Before serving, cut the short ribs into smaller single serve pieces and top off with some chopped green onion.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!