Do you ever get a craving for some delicious BBQ ribs but don’t have the time or energy to spend half a day making them? Well, this 30 minute BBQ rib recipe will save the day. And to make them even better this cajun honey butter sauce is the perfect quick coating. The richness of the buttery sauce is full of sweet and spicy flavors that make for a mouth watering treat. They are not fall off the bone type of ribs, but I promise these will not disappoint.
Season the ribs well.
To start, pat dry a whole rack of baby back ribs. Slice each individual rib and season with your choice of BBQ rub. For this recipe I used Hardcore Carnivore Sweet, which will give the ribs a hint of sweetness along with the traditional tangy BBQ flavor.
Grill 30 minute BBQ ribs.
While you preheat the grill, set the seasoned ribs aside in room temperature and let them sweat. This will allow the meat to open up and absorb the seasoning flavors.
Set up the grill for direct heat and preheat to 300 degrees. Flip them every 5 minutes to ensure an even cook throughout.
Grill these 30 minute BBQ ribs until they reach an internal temp between 165 and 175 degrees. Remove and let them rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
How to make homemade cajun honey butter sauce.
In a sauce pan, melt a stick of butter, add honey, minced garlic, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and Italian seasoning. Feel free to adjust the level of heat depending on your preference with the cayenne and pepper flakes. Simmer over low-med heat making sure to continuously whisk as the sauce thickens.
In a large mixing bowl, throw in the rested ribs and cover them in the sauce. Make sure to mix them around ensure an even coat throughout.
Serve and Enjoy these easy 30 minute cajun honey butter ribs!
Printer friendly recipe below:
Cajun Honey Butter Ribs
- 1 Slab baby back ribs
- 2 tbsp BBQ rub
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Cajun Honey Butter sauce ingredients
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Crushed red peppers
Grilling Rib instructions
- Pat dry a whole rack of baby back ribs.
- Slice each individual rib and season with your choice of BBQ seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to 300 degrees and set for direct heat.
- Flip every 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes or until the internal temp is between 165 and 175 degrees.
- Remove off the grill and let the ribs rest for 10 minutes.
Cajun Honey Butter Sauce Instructions
- In a sauce pan, melt a stick of butter, add honey, minced garlic, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer over low-med heat making sure to continuously whisk as the sauce thickens.
- Move the rested ribs into a mix bowl and pour the cajun honey butter sauce over and mix to coat each rib.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!