These cajun honey pork bites are the perfect quick solution for a delicious party snack or weeknight dinner. The richness of the buttery sauce is full of sweet and spicy flavors that make for a mouth watering treat. The small bite size snack is perfectly served with a toothpick as I guarantee people will be coming back for seconds, thirds and well they might just the take whole dish and disappear.
Prep the pork loin skewers
Before getting the skewers on the grill, you need to cube up and season the meat. By cubing the pork loin, the cook will be faster and even throughout. Small sizes make the meat more tender and easy to chew.
Cut the pork loin into 1 inch cubes. Season with your choice of BBQ seasoning. Mix the cubes with the seasoning to ensure an even coat throughout.
Next, skewer 7-9 pork cubes onto a skewer and these are ready to hit the grill.
Side note: if using wooden skewers, soak them in water so they can absorb the moisture and not burn during the cooking process. I recommend using metal skewers. They are reusable and durable.
Time to grill
Set the grill to high direct heat at 450 degrees and place the seasoned pork skewers on the grill. Flip every 2 minutes for a total of 10 minutes or until the meat reaches 145 degrees internal temp.
Remove them off the grill to rest while you prep the cajun honey butter sauce.
How to make homemade cajun honey butter sauce.
In a sauce pan, melt a stick of butter, add honey, minced garlic, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer over low-med heat making sure to continuously whisk as the sauce thickens.
Remove the pork bites off the skewers and into a mix bowl, pour the deliciously savory butter sauce over and mix to make sure each pork bite has a thick coat.
Top with some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy these tender cajun honey pork bites.
Printer friendly recipe below:
Cajun Honey Pork Bites
- 2 lbs Pork Loin
- 2 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Cut the pork loin into 1 inch cubes.
- Season with your choice of BBQ seasoning. Mix the cubes into the seasoning to ensure an even coat throughout.
- Skewer 7-9 pork cubes onto a skewer
- Set the grill to high direct heat at 450 degrees.
- Grill the pork skewers for a total of 10 minutes flipping onto a new side every 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill once the internal temp of the pork reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- For the sauce: in a sauce pan, melt a stick of butter, add honey, minced garlic, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer over low-med heat making sure to continuously whisk as the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pork bites off the skewers and into a mix bowl and pour the cajun butter sauce over and mix to coat each pork bite.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!