This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Skirt steak is a great cut of beef if you are planning on using a marinade. The infused meat works well for fajitas, tacos or just plain by itself. For this recipe I went with a tequila lime marinade that refreshes the recipe with a zesty kick from the lime and spirit while keeping the steak tender and beefy.
How to make the Tequila Lime Marinade
The tequila lime marinade is very simple to make requiring only a few ingredients that will give this dish enough zing. In a mixing bowl, pour in your choice of tequila. I went with Teremana Tequila Blanco which is affordable and good. It has notes of bright citrus with a smooth, fresh finish. Remember, you are only using it for the marinade, no need to go with an expensive bottle as you will not be savoring the taste. Also, the alcohol will cook off making it safe for children to consume.
Next, add in olive oil, Hardcore Carnivore TexMex seasoning, grated onion and jalapeno, chopped cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice. Whisk it all together and fully submerge the skirt steak into the mixture. Let the meat marinade for 1 hour.
Time to grill tequila lime skirt steak!
Heat up the grill to 400 degrees and set it up for direct heat. Place the marinaded skirt steak onto the grates and grill for a total of 2-3 minutes per side. Any longer and you risk the meat get tough and unpleasant to eat.
Slice the tequila lime skirt steak against the grain and serve it as a steak, fajitas or enjoy by itself like I did.
Printer friendly recipe below:
Tequila Lime Skirt Steak
- 1 lbs Skirt Steak
- 1 cup Tequila Blanco
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp TexMex seasoning
- 2 Limes
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/2 White onion
- 1/2 Batch of fresh cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, pour in your choice of tequila, live oil and TexMex seasoning. Grate in the white onion and jalapeno. Add chopped cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Whisk it all together and fully submerge the skirt steak into the mixture. Let the meat marinade for 1 hour.
- Heat up the grill to 400 degrees and set it up for direct heat.
- Place the marinaded skirt steak onto the grates and grill for a total of 2-3 minutes per side.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!