It’s time to turn up the heat with this delicious, spicy grilled spatchcocked chicken recipe. It’s super easy to put together and comes out delicious! The secret ingredient is the NEW Spicy rub from Meadow Creek BBQ Supply . It has a great kick to it without being too hot. The rub has some maple sugar in it to counteract the heat, making for one tasty combination.
To start, cut out the backbone from the chicken with sheers or a sharp knife. This process of spatchcocking or butterflying, will allow the chicken to cook more evenly and quickly. Press down hard on the breast bone to break it so the chicken will lay nice and flat. I like to use a little olive oil for the binder. This will allow the seasoning to stick better to the chicken. Cover the outside generously with the Spicy rub from Meadow Creek BBQ Supply and gently pat it in. Don’t spread it around or it will clump up.
After the chicken is seasoned, let it hang out while you fire up the grill. Set it for indirect cooking and the temp at 375 degrees. Place the chicken skin side up and cook until the breast registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This should take approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken.
When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. This is a very important step in this process. During the rest period, the chicken will start to cool down and the cooking process will stop. The juices will redistribute inside the meat, giving you a much better final product.
Carve up the chicken, top with some fresh chopped parsley and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping. This right here is one of our favorite ways of cooking poultry. Grab a bag of the Spicy rub from Meadow Creek BBQ Supply and make one at home this week! it’s super easy and delicious!
Spicy Grilled Spatchcocked Chicken
- 1 Whole chicken
- 2 tbsp Spicy rub from Meadow Creek BBQ
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Remove the backbone from the chicken with sheers or a sharp knife
- Press down on the breast bone of the chicken to break it and flatten it down. The chicken should now lay flat
- Rub the chicken with the olive oil and season on both sides with the Spicy rub
- Set your grill to medium heat, 375 degrees, indirect heat and place the chicken on skin side up
- Cook the chicken until the breast registers 165 degrees internal temperature, approximately 45-60 minutes
- Remove the chicken, carve and enjoy! Serve with ranch of blue cheese dressing for dipping