Looking for a unique and delicious hotdog recipe for tailgating? Look no further than these bacon wrapped hotdogs with homemade pico de gallo. Salty, crispy and fresh. This is the best combo for a delicious game snack.
It’s all in the wrap!
This recipe is very simple! Take a slice of raw bacon and wrap it tightly around the hotdog. For this recipe I went with tasty beef dogs from Hebrew National. Season with your choice of BBQ rub and it’s ready to hit the grill.
Heat up the grill to 375 degrees on indirect heat. Place the wrapped hotdogs on the grates and let them cook while you prep the pico de gallo.
How to make the best homemade pico de gallo.
Homemade pico de gallo is the best and very simple to make. Chop up roma tomatoes, white onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Add zest of a lime, freshly squeezed juice from a lime, a little bit of salt and mix the ingredients together.
Once the bacon is crispy, it’s time to remove off the grill and assemble. Put the bacon wrapped hotdogs in a bun, top with the freshly made pico and serve. Enjoy!
Printer friendly recipe below:
Bacon Wrapped Hotdog
- 6 Beef hotdogs
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 6 Hotdog buns
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 White onion
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Lime
- 1 Batch of cilantro
- 2 tbsp BBQ rub
- 1 tsp Salt
- Take a slice of raw bacon and wrap it tightly around the hotdog.
- Season with your choice of BBQ rub.
- Heat up the grill to 375 degrees on indirect heat and place the wrapped hotdogs on the grates.
- For the pico de gallo, Chop up roma tomatoes, a white onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Add zest of a lime, freshly squeezed juice from a lime, a little bit of salt and mix the ingredients together.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!