This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you are looking for wings with flavor but not spice then these garlic parmesan wings are a must try. The wings are perfectly grilled to a crispy skin and tender meat. The best part, it’s savory and creamy, allowing you to taste and enjoy the grilled flavors of the chicken.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Simple prep work.
I always go with fresh detached chicken wing pieces which helps with time management. To start, coat the raw wing pieces in olive oil and season them with Dad’s All Purpose rub. With a nice mild BBQ flavor and few black pepper flakes, it’s the perfect poultry seasoning. Make sure to get an even coat throughout.
Must have grillin seasonings!
Step 2: How to grill the perfect wings.
Heat up the grill to 375 degrees and set it for indirect heat.
Drizzle some olive oil over an entire garlic head and wrap in foil. Place in on the grill with the seasoned wings. Let them cook for 45-60 minutes or until the wings internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Flip the wings half way through to ensure an even cook throughout.
Wing Grilling Tips
- Grill on indirect heat to avoid the skin from burning
- Grill at a higher temperature to get the skin crispy
Step 3: Make homemade garlic parmesan wing sauce.
This garlic parmesan sauce is perfect on grilled wings. The savoriness from the roasted garlic and cheese is the perfect for those who do not like spice, but honestly, enjoyed by everyone!
In a mixing bowl, press out the freshly roasted garlic, mayo, a lot of grated parmesan cheese, apple cider vinegar, a dash of crushed red pepper flakes, freshly squeezed lemon juice and Dad’s All Purpose rub. Using a fork, mash the garlic into the mixture and continue mixing until you get a smooth consistency.
Toss the grilled wings in the homemade garlic parmesan sauce, serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
All my recipes can be replicated in the oven, stove top or gas grill. You do not need a big green egg or weber grill to replicate any of my recipes.
The best way to avoid dry meat or know if any protein is ready is to check the internal temperature. Wings are no different. Grill over indirect heat for the and remove the wings at 180 internal degrees for the perfect tender and juicy meat and crispy skin
Printer friendly recipe below:
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 lbs Detached chicken wings
- 2 tbsp Dad's all purpose rub
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Garlic Parmesan Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Whole garlic head
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dad's all purpose rub
- Coat the raw chicken wing pieces in olive oil and season them with Dad's All Purpose rub.
- Heat up the grill to 375 degrees and set it for indirect heat.
- Drizzle some olive oil over an entire garlic head and wrap in foil. Place in on the grill with the seasoned wings. Grill for 45-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Flip the wings half way through to ensure an even cook throughout.
- Remove off the grill and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the wings in the homemade garlic parmesan sauce and serve.
Check out the Recipes Page for other tasty ideas!