Quesadillas are a staple at our house. Cheesy, gooey, deliciousness. What’s not to like?! Add some chicken, maybe some veggies and we’re in business. Grilled chicken quesadilla is on the menu.
Starting with chicken
I like to add chicken to my quesadillas. And to make things easy, I usually just grill up a couple chicken breasts, cube them up and I’m all set. And that’s exactly what I did for these. I seasoned the chicken with Hardcore Carnivore Meat Chelada and grilled it over high heat on my Big Green Egg Mini Max. You want to grill it at high heat to get some nice char on the outside. It will really make the chicken tasty.
Grill and flip the chicken breasts every 2 minutes until they reach 165 degrees internal. The Thermoworks Thermapen Mk4 comes in very handy here. Pull the chicken from the grill and cube it up in small pieces.
While the chicken is cooking, saute the onions and peppers in a small skillet with some butter. We’ll add these to the quesadillas as well. Oh yeah, we’re going all in here.
Let’s get the party started
I find that using a cast iron skillet or griddle works best when making quesadillas. You can nice even heat on the tortilla and it develops a killer crust. So, warm up the skillet over medium heat. You don’t want it super hot as that will just burn the tortillas.
Put one tortilla in the skillet, add a handful of chihuahua cheese, the chicken and veggies and top with a second tortilla. Use a spatula or your hand to press down on the top tortilla so everything flattens out and is nice an even.
Cook the quesadilla for about 2 minutes, until the bottom of the tortilla has a nice golden brown crust. Flip the quesadilla over and cook an additional 2 minutes. By then, the cheese should be all melted and the both tortillas should have a nice crust on the outside. Your grilled chicken quesadilla is ready.
Remove from the skillet, cut it like a pizza and serve with guacamole. So tasty and so easy!
View this post on Instagram
Check out the full start to finish video from my Instagram page. Printer friendly recipe is below.
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Medium onion Diced
- 2 Bell peppers Diced
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 2 cups Chihuaha cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Harcdore Carnivore Meat Chelada Seasoning
- Melt the butter in a medium pan and saute the onion and peppers
- Season the chicken breast with the Meat Chelada seasoning and grill over direct hight heat until the meat regsiters 165 degrees internal temperature
- Cube up the grilled chicken breast
- Warm up a cast iron skillet and place one of the tortillas in it
- Add a handful of cheese, chicken and veggies and more cheese. Place another tortilla on top
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom of the tortilla has a nice golden brown crust
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the pan, cup pizza style and serve with guacamole
Check out the Recipe page for other tasty dishes.